South Rise received a Section 8 inspection by Ofsted on the 14th and 15th January 2020. We received a very positive appraisal and are pleased to announce that South Rise remains a good school.
OFSTED Report Quotes - January 2020:
- Leaders are passionate about improving pupils’ life chances.
- Leaders are ambitious for what pupils should learn….Leaders know what is working well and what needs to improve. They continually review and refine subject planning to ensure that all pupils achieve well.
- Leaders and staff are determined that all pupils will become confident readers.
- Pupils’ enthusiasm for mathematics is clear. They enjoy applying their knowledge of number and calculation methods. Pupils tackle mathematical problems eagerly. Teachers have strong subject knowledge. They plan activities so that pupils link new concepts with what they already know.
- Classrooms are calm and orderly.
- Teachers choose activities that interest pupils and inspire them to work hard. Well planned outings and external visitors enhance pupils’ learning further.
- Leaders make sure that safeguarding is given the highest priority.